Thursday, January 6, 2011
Ode to the mammaries
Before Wyatt and I both forget, I wanted to send out my appreciation for the wonders of breastfeeding. At the risk of sounding incredibly hokey... I never even imagined how wonderful breastfeeding would be. And I'm not just talking about the science of it, that alone is truly amazing. What I'm appreciating now is how precious that time with Wyatt is. It insures these big blocks of time every day (and Every night) to watch this sweet little boy, up close and adorable. He's so perfectly happy and peaceful when he nurses. His little hands flit around patting me with supreme joy. He gets painfully excited when he knows its time to nurse, he'll sort of whimper/chuckle with impatience while I get ready. Once he gets going he'll close his eyes and make sweet little happy noises. Or sometimes he'll make really Big noises. When he's really hungry Gregg says it sounds like a wildebeest devouring a gazelle. And after he's had his fill, he passes out in the most helpless little milk coma. After nursing I still hold him upright to ease his reflux, so in the quiet of the night I sit alone and watch him, his mouth agape, body limp and soul happy. Those sleepless nights aren't really that bad. Someday we'll all be sleeping through the night (right?), and it will be a little bittersweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
lovely sweet and gentle picture.
lovely sweet and gentle thoughts.
"mouth agape,
body limp and
soul happy"
amy!amy!amy! we miss you!
amers, this is precious. i love reading your and G's posts. they make me happy. since gregg usually posts, at first i assumed he was doing the writing. where is he going with THIS? i wondered, then figured out, with some relief i admit, it was you doing the talking.
write on, love, r.
oh the heart of a momma. how wonderful and beautiful. and there's nothing hokey about it. we all are there!
Post a Comment