So I hardly paused when Gregg was dressing Wyatt one day chuckling over the latest outfit. Gregg read it aloud, "I love Long Hugo". tee hee. Long Hugo? Wait, what? Who's Long Hugo? I took a closer look, saw yet another giraffe, and in my sleep deprived state it took me longer than it should have to figure out the mystery...
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Long Hugo
Back in the days before Wyatt was born, we inherited boxes upon boxes of adorable outfits that looked more like doll clothes than human clothes. As I folded all of his little outfits (something I haven't done since), I couldn't believe how tiny they were! It was then that I started paying attention to fashion design for the very wee. So many of the onesies had pretty bizarre sayings on them, as if the person that designed them came from a land far far away. A place with little exposure to our language and culture. For example, one pj set was adorned with cars and trucks and the exclamation "Traffic!". Really? We're celebrating traffic? (they've obviously never driven in Denver at rush hour). Another onesie had a giraffe on an island with the word "Jungle!" on it. Are there really giraffes in the jungle? And whats up with the giraffes anyway? They're on like 90% of our baby clothes and toys.
So I hardly paused when Gregg was dressing Wyatt one day chuckling over the latest outfit. Gregg read it aloud, "I love Long Hugo". tee hee. Long Hugo? Wait, what? Who's Long Hugo? I took a closer look, saw yet another giraffe, and in my sleep deprived state it took me longer than it should have to figure out the mystery...
So I hardly paused when Gregg was dressing Wyatt one day chuckling over the latest outfit. Gregg read it aloud, "I love Long Hugo". tee hee. Long Hugo? Wait, what? Who's Long Hugo? I took a closer look, saw yet another giraffe, and in my sleep deprived state it took me longer than it should have to figure out the mystery...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
totally hilarious!! we've wondered the same thing...what's with all the animals or cars or sports stuff on all the boy clothes always with odd wording? then, i just look at the girl stuff and it's either flowers or food. i guess someone out there finds it all too cute!!
Post a Comment