Well, we officially have contracted our first cold! That's right. It's all daddy's fault. Somehow I caught a cold on my trip down to Florida, which is not much of a shocker since airplanes are flying germ tubes. I did my best to avoid giving it to Wyatt, but, alas, his little immune system is no match quite yet. He woke up this morning with a super stuffy nose, and, was coughing pretty good. I'm sure we'll end up googling things like "infant cold", "how long does a cold last for an infant", and, "baby stuffy nose" or something like that, all day. In the end, the best medicine has shown to be tincture of time, since, we probably won't do anti-biotics unless it becomes a problem. However, we'll be on top of it well before that becomes an issue!
Last night we also attempted to give little man a bottle while mom went out for a bike ride. One thing we have to make sure is that the milk is at the right temperature before I feed him. Read that as "Take the bottle out of the fridge well in advance!". As we tried to feed, I think he got so out of sorts that he triggered his reflux a bit, and, was a little worked up for the next hour. We tried about 4 times to eat from the bottle, but, little man was NOT having it. Thus, I walked around with him for a while until mom got back ,and, all was well after that once he fed directly.
I will admit that my confidence was a bit fractured, and the fact that I gave him this cold makes me feel pretty bad as well. However, this morning during our special dad/baby time before going to work, I got the BIGGEST smile yet, and, even made the little bugger giggle. It's like he was telling me "Dad, I'm all good. You're all good. We're even better together!".
*sigh*

No comments:
Post a Comment