Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Give Me The Night

Last night was an attempt to get Amy more than 2 consectuive hours of sleep in order to maintain some semblance of sanity. Our plan was to have her give Wyatt a good old fashioned "tankin' up" at his last 9/10pm ish feeding, then, go upstairs and sleep through the next one. For the next one, or maybe even 2 feedings, I'd give the little man a bottle while we were in the downstairs bedroom, and, we'd sleep together while mom caught some much needed shut-eye upstairs.

Mission semi-accomplished!!!

We put Wyatt down at 9:45, upon which, I promptly joined him in bed. He didn't wake up until about 12:45...so a 3 hour stretch of sleep is great! I gave him a bottle, of which, he slowly sipped out less than half, and eventually passed right back out. After I fed him, I held him upright for the customary 30-ish minutes to try to keep things down (reflux is a bummer, dude!), and just stared at him all sleepy-fied on my legs. He looked so peaceful and happy, and, really was feeling good! so, we hit the hay again at about 1:30, and, low and behold, we hear the floor creaking.Yep...mom came downstairs to join us! She was able to get some sleep, which was nice, but, she, of course, missed us and wanted to sleep with us instead.  It was super fun for me to hang with him at that quiet & delicate hour! Can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

sarah said...

no wonder you guys had the energy to go to costco!