This morning I dropped off Auntie/Sis Lynn & Nephew/Cousin Noah at the airport after 6 day/5 night visit, and, it was yet another difficult drive back to the office for me. Rather than tearing up at the airport like I did when dropping off Amy's parents, it hit me as I got back onto I-70 to head into the office.
Despite the short visit, the time we all spent together was absolutely wonderful. Usually when we visit NC, it's often tough to get to chat with Lynn alone, simply because she is in such demand with everyone else in the house (including the squirrels in the trees!). These past few days was such a great opportunity for me to get to know her, and, spend some time with Noah. Being a recent mother herself, Lynn has a different perspective than mine & Amy's mom on certain things, because, well, they just do it differently now! Wyatt was struggling big time on Sunday with his reflux, and, we were feeling really sad for him...even Noah! However, Lynn chimed in with some motherly/sisterly/sister-in-law-erly advice and just brought us back down to earth. That little bit of dialogue really helped cement our confidence as parents, and, get us through the next 24hrs until we could make it into see the doc. Eventually, all worked out, and, since then, things have been improving.She was further helpful by cleaning, taking care of food for us, and, just being super supportive to us both & individually.So, to our Aunt Lynn & Cousin Noah...I say here here!!! *clink*
We look forward to visiting the east this coming fall and spending more time with the Carolina contingent of the Wellerthal clan! First up though, one more visit from Summerfield Nana in August. Whooppeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment